Monday, November 16, 2009

SO MANY CARNIVAL BARS……….by Roger



Not sure why Diana would want me to write this……….after all, I don’t even know what a blog is??? Is this some sort of alien thing or just another one of those vampire things that keep flooding the TV shows?? In any event I will give this my best shot.

After extensive research, I have discovered that there are at least ten (10) places on this ship where one can obtain an alcoholic beverage. One on Deck 7, one on Deck 8, five on Deck 9 (at least we know now where we will all be……..DECK 9…..duh), two on Deck 10 and one on Deck 11. Now for the important part. If you order a Vodka on the rocks you will get slightly over one ounce of Vodka in a small glass. If, on the other hand you order a Vodka martini (up or on the rocks……hold the Vermouth) you will get about three ounces of Vodka. Is this a no brainer or what?? Of course if you don’t drink Vodka on the rocks you’ll have to experiment on how best to order your drink of choice in order to maximize your alcoholic intake……that is the goal…..right? Now, rumor has it that if you tip the bartender about $20 bucks you will get even a heavier pour and sometimes a free drink. I don’t know about this personally, but Russell and Randy swear by it!! And, judging by their hangovers, I suspect that this approach works very well.n

Remember, the ship works on a cashless system ……you just show them your ship/room aka a Sail & Sign card for all expenditures……..so be careful after you have had a few. Unless, of course, you are buying me drinks which case just give me your card and trust me!!

ENJOY and I’ll see you on Deck 9.

Photo provided by Flickr Marco Veringa

No comments:

Post a Comment