Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Meet Alex from Innovative Travel Planner


If you haven’t already met Alex, I hope you get a chance to introduce yourself either by email or phone. She is incredible and we could not do our group cruises without her. For one very special reason, she is definitely sweeter then Roger or me, which makes it a major plus for all of you signing up with our group! She is friendly, outgoing, honest, patient, confident, and knowledgeable. She willingly offers professional assistance to both you and us with open arms and will not hesitate to go the extra mile whenever she can. Okay, so that’s all her customer service, you say? But, get talking to her and you will find she is adventurous, luxurious (one of my favorite), compassionate, competitive and finally, Roger’s favorite, fun-loving and budget conscientious (when she can provide the service she can stand by). Alex Kuncio and her husband Ted Rodriguez have become dear friends through our association of over 5 years. When Roger and I were planning our 15th Anniversary Cruise to the Caribbean, Alex was one of many travel agents we interviewed. Why did we pick her? She was willing to go the extra mile and loved to eat and drink like we do! Yes, she understood us and our passion! So within these 5 years or so, Alex has assisted us in our first solo air/rail/drive trip to France/Belgium/Holland, cruises for 40 to the Caribbean Islands, 9 to China, 89 to the Mediterranean and 40 to the Mexican Riviera. YOU now are a part of our next journey as we celebrate to date with near 50 to Baja for Roger’s 70th! Let’s get to know her here in her own words, Alexandra “Alex” Kuncio... “A passion for travel is how I became a travel consultant. Ever since I was a child...I dreamed of going to exotic faraway places. To date, I have visited 102 countries and the list seems to keep getting longer. I have been in the travel industry for over 30 years as a travel consultant. I worked my way up to Assistant Manager at the first agency I worked for and then left to take a managerial position with Innovative Travel back in 1989. In 1993, I purchased Innovative Travel and have been owner/manager since then. I achieved becoming a CTC, Certified Travel Consultant, after 5 years in the industry. This is a 2 year, graduate level course, which give you the designation of CTC. Whenever you see this designation after a travel consultant’s name, it automatically guarantees that they have been in the travel business for 5 years, which is one of the requirements. I also taught for 10 years in the Travel & Tourism department at Coastline Community College as well as 2 years at Pacific Travel School. To teach....you really have to know your stuff or they eat you alive! My other passions are cooking (husband Ted, is a chef!), eating, drinking good wine, swimming, cycling, SCUBA, and Yoga. If I could, I think I would grow gills and roam the world underwater! As it is....I have over 400 dives logged including Great Barrier Reef and the Coral Sea in Australia, Turk, Yap and Palau in Micronesia, Belize, Cayman, Fiji, Maldives (Indian Ocean), Solomon Islands (Guadalcanal), Papua New Guinea, French Polynesia (Tahiti), Marquesas, Bali, Borneo (Celebes Sea), Mexico/Cozumel, Red Sea, and many Caribbean Islands. Travel allows one to live and experience life in a "fast forward" mode. Think of all the adventures you have in just one short week of traveling.....more memories than 6 months worth of just everyday life. I think that's why I can never wait until I'm back on a plane headed to yet another adventure. Ted always says....this isn't a dress rehearsal....this is the real thing, make it worthwhile!”

No comments:

Post a Comment